Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Water, Gas, Electricity.

I believe that people who have running water, gas, and electricity are lucky beyond lucky.  And you never realize just how lucky you are until you go to a place where you don't have it.  My first few months it was a little intense, not being able to drink the tap water.  The water jug was helpful, and I am getting used to it.  But I can't imagine living somewhere where there wasn't any water.
My friends water is no longer running, hopefully that is no longer the case.  But all his neighbor's have running water.  No one is quite sure what is going on.

Electricity is interesting here, the first thing I was told was to never plug in all three heaters at once or it would blow the power.  All the wires are so tenuously put together, they hang down low, and construction sites with live wires are never closed to the public.  I blew my power and was afraid to flip the circuit breaker.  I called my site mate and made him come over and help me switch the power.

Gas, my gas is no longer working.  Not sure why.  But it died in the middle of my foray into making french toast.  Delicious french toast!  Lack of gas.. leaves soggy french toast that is not so good.

TIC
This is China!

Update on gas.  A half an hour of 3 Chinese people arguing loudly in my kitchen and changing batteries.  They said they will come back tomorrow, for something... not sure for what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers