Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Weekend Changsha!

Happy Early Halloween!  This weekend has been an awesome weekend!  I had some people visit and we partied a lot!  Shopping, and parties it was really fun!  Friday Night we went to Yali, the folks from the Yale program threw an awesome Halloween Party.  There were some fantastic costumes.  I was boiling in my turtleneck, long underwear, socks, pants and a skirt.  Mariah did my make-up in style!  The party was fun, the foray to Soho was also enlightening.  The music is fun, and the atmosphere is thick with smoke, booze and awkward encounters between people.  The people drink whiskey green tea.  It is whiskey mixed with this really sweet green tea.  It is honestly a bit gross.  There is no room to move or dance, but you make room and do it anyways.  People kept asking me for my hat.  5 people must have tried on my hat!  The dancing was fun. 
The next day we were hungover but I invited my students over to my house. We showed them Hocus Pocus, we were unable to finish it.  It was funny to watch their expressions and try to figure out what exactly was going on in their brains.  Then we went shopping!  Shopping was fun, found a piece of my costume.  Which shall remain a mystery until my next blog!!

Sunday morning I went to Martyrs park to see if the leaves were changing.  They hadn't started yet, but there was a yoga group who was finished by singing their ohms.  Then they got up to dance and sing.  They saw me watching and invited me to join!  It was incredibly fun to sing and dance with a group of people I didn't know at all.

These people were so kind, and sweet.  They took many many pictures!  I am pretty sure I was the most exciting thing in ages.  It was really fun.  One of the ladies got my phone number, so she can tell me when they next do yoga!  So maybe I will learn yoga.  I think my back could use it!  Then the evening Lucy Yi (a teacher from my primary school) and two students came over to make Jack o' Lantern.  Explaining about Jack o' Lanterns and trying to turn long tubular gourds into jack o' lanterns was an experience.  I love the fact that I am resourceful enough to figure out how to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers