Friday, November 4, 2011

Pharmacies and Medicine

Coming down with a cold!  Went to the pharmacy asked about a thermometer.  They gave me one, I then tried to ask how long I have to wait, they said 5 minutes, I asked what normal temp was and they said 37.5.  They said something else and I had no idea what they were trying to say.  They mimed putting the thermometer in my armpit.  We all laughed.  Then they asked if I had a cold, and I say I think I do.  They then rushed all over the store grabbing medicine for my cold. 52 kuai later I had pills for sniffles and pills for coughs.  Not sure how I feel about taking 4 pills 3 times a day!  But Chinese meds are weaker than western meds.  My sniffles are better this morning but I don't know if I can handle so many pills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers