Saturday, November 5, 2011

BEST DAY EVER!

Words cannot describe the exhilaration of today!  As I sit listening to "Wavin' Flag" by K'naan, I am reflecting on everything amazing that has happened today.  I woke up this morning and made the decision to go to the office to work on some of my papers.  I ended up having an extremely productive morning, and nearly finished my lesson plan for Monday!  Then I met up with Jack and Thomas!  I had a student come up to me and ask me some questions!

Me: "Hey Challenging (that is his name), how are you?"
Challenging:  "Hey patty, I am fine.  Is he your boyfriend" (pointing at jack)
Me:  "No, he is not."
Challenging:  "Do you have a boyfriend?"
Me:  "No I do not."
Challenging: "How old are you?"
Me:  "I am 24"
Challenging:  "Oh.. you are so.. so.. old.  You need a boyfriend." Then Thomas walks up.  "Oh is he your boyfriend?"
Me:  "No I do not have a boyfriend."
Challening:  "He has pretty eyes." etc. etc.

It was very funny, but eventually the conversation ended and we played some basketball with students.  It was fun, exhilarating, and slightly embarrassing!  The students were good, then we switched to kicking a soccer ball around!  Then delicious food!!  Caihua, qiezi, ye bailajiaochaorou.  (cauliflower, eggplant and white pepper fried meat).  A trip to the dvd store, I finally found pushing daisies but need to clean the disc, it is very very dirty.  I might need to return it tomorrow, or exchange for a new one!  But I still found it!

Then out again for dinner with Emily and Mandy.  Then we stopped into the fifth tone to use their swanky western bathroom.  We stumbled into English corner!  I was surrounded by 10 university students.  Some of whom had never seen a westerner before.  Mandy, Emily and I invited them to join us in watching the fireworks.  It was so much fun!  The best part, covering a lantern with our wishes and sending it off!

Our beautiful lanterns with our wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers