Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bad Day...

There is good and bad hiding everywhere.  I don't want to give the impression that this bad day occurred because of China, it didn't.  It just happened to happen in China, where I don't speak the language that well, which always makes things more difficult.  I had a fun lesson prepped.  However, I was unprepared to be challenged about Taiwan and Tibet,  have one of my favorite classes acting like jerks, and have a student throw the Japanese flag on the ground.  Needless to say I was feeling very down about my students.  I was comforted by the knowledge that I had next week for them to redeem themselves.  I get home in tears, and am comforting myself with some Back to the Future, when I get a text that I will not have any classes starting next week.  My vacation has been extended (by only one school).  So they don't get to redeem themselves.  Oh well!!

Then to the gym, I canceled my Chinese class because I was a mess.  I went to cycling, and hurt my ankle. Then to the shower, where I lost my keys and had to cut my lock.  This process was complicated because a friend of mine, who is also a foreigner had earlier that evening cut someone else's lock in a stupid misunderstanding.  They clearly thought that I was her and must have asked me like 40 times.  "this is really your stuff."  "Yes it is my stuff"  "are you sure?"  "yes".  So they cut it open,  I lost a 5kuai lock and will have to get another one.  This one I will write my name on!  But I got my stuff back.

To end on a high note!
I taught Rose today, she is a student who I am helping with her pronunciation.  Together we will learn the phonetic alphabet, and we have fun saying stupid sentences to help with pronunciation.  Spending an hour with her is a ray of sunshine for me!

I read through some interesting reports where students poured their hearts out about "Growing pains"  and "agreeing with puppy love"  whatever the hell that means.

I got Lamian and watermelon juice!  And I managed to invite some people to my birthday, in Chinese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers