Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Food Poisoning

I was very lucky, minus a small stint of food poisoning in Laos.  Last year I experienced no major food catastrophes.  This year I was lucky enough to experience 'pharohing'.  If you don't know what this is, imagine the "walk like an egyptian dance" and food poisoning and that should describe it to you.

I ate some lunch that day, and I went to the gym.  Then went and ate a huge meal of dumplings.  About a half an hour later, I had to kick people out of my house so I could get sick in peace.  I spent one whole night 'pharohing'.  Luckily I didn't have class the next morning.  So I slept in and then went to class in the afternoon.

But this made me reflect.  Developing countries and developed countries are not so different.  You can get food poisoning in both, though people in developed countries like to pretend their food safety is much better.  You are more likely to get food poisoning in a developing country, but if you are careful you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers