Friday, September 28, 2012

Friendship Award, KTV

This week has been extremely busy for me!  I love being busy.  It is my favorite.  I would rather be super busy than bored!  Feel free to remind me of this later in life when I am complaining about lack of free time.

Place setting at the honoree table!
On Tuesday we were invited to a fancy lunch, and informed it was formal.  So we went, having no idea what to expect.  Well what it was, was a big lunch for foreigners honoring some winners of the Hunan Friendship Award!  It was amazing to see so many foreigners and to see how fancy the main table was!  Geoff, Becky, Chris and I were all invited by Yi Zhong.  We attended with Estelle (the french teacher at Yi Zhong), Damien and Khan (teachers from the international department), Claire (a senior 2 teacher who is Chinese but now holds a German Passport), and Sunny (our liaison).  We all got so dressed up, but in true Chinese style many of the Chinese attendees who were not sitting on at the honoree table were wearing jeans and polos!
Me, Sunny and Estelle
So there were speeches, awards given and then dancing.  Of course most of it was minority dances, China loves to reveal in their diversity.  But more on that later...  Anyways, so there were many speeches given.  A speaker was introduced, turns out he was the governor of Hunan province!  So we waited for a lull in lunch, and asked him for a toast and a picture!
Me, Geoff, Becky, The Governor!!, Chris, Claire and Estelle
That was fun and it was even more fun teaching my next two classes in that ensemble!  (Not)

Then that Wednesday was my friend Liao's birthday.  I had invited him to dinner earlier and he had responded with an invite to his birthday dinner.  Because I was unable to attend, I decided to go to KTV with them after my dinner.  It was hilarious!  The teachers of the international department were wasted, singing and eventually throwing cake at each other!  That was when I left.  But props for me, I got an entire KTV room to do the conga with my rendition of Waka waka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers